What is Watson Workspace?
IBM Watson Workspace is a messaging app designed to help you and your teams do your best work. Watson Workspace provides you with an excellent, very flexible and also convenient platform which teams can experience group conversations and also share data files in “spaces” which is similar to “channels” in Slack. Aside from that it also allows organizations to create and integrate third-party applications and bots into the feed of the conversation. The application was built in parallel with a handful of cognitive APIs called Watson Work Services that allow developers to improve or integrate with Watson Workspace or create new applications that use its capabilities.
One of the most important things to note of IBM Watson Workspace is its cognitive underpinning. This feature is primarily activated with the “Moments” feature, which uses natural language processing and AI to help you cope with the task of managing an active team, especially if you happen to be out for a day or so. Instead of scrolling the volume of messages in the space, click the “Moments” button will give you a summary of the activity that was made since the last viewing, automatically identifying the major topics that were discussed and selecting specific questions, actions and obligations of team members. This capability is a completely different way of managing information overload and a whole lot more targeted solution when compared with simple filtering approaches.
IBM’s distinctive feature is in the power of Watson Workspace Services API – used in Watson Workspace and made available to other platforms.
Who can use it?
Any user can use Watson Workspace.
Core collaboration features in IBM Watson Workspace
- Native apps for Mac, Window, iOS and Android, responsive web experience
- Persistent group chat
- 1:1 direct messaging
- 1:1 and group video & audio calls powered by Zoom
- File sharing and storage
- Inline image viewer
- System text
- Unlimited, searchable history with modifiers
- Typeahead search to find people and spaces
- Mark as Important
- Integration with third-party apps
- Recommended actions from your conversations, powered by Watson
- Smart summarization with Moments, powered by Watson
- @mentions (mention a person or everyone in a space) and mentions view
- Delete messages
- Emoji reactions
- See who’s available (Real-time status indicators)
- See where you last were in a conversation
- Per space notification settings
- Mobile push, browser, and email notifications
- Ability to mute notifications
- Custom sounds
- Rich markdown, including code syntax highlighting
- Slash commands
Watson Workspace App Availability
The app is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android users.